Today Namibia; Africa comes third following South Africa and Mauritius in the African Quality-of-Life Index. Personal security is at its good. Private hospital meeting international standards are available. There are 3 well-known educational institutions in Windhoek.
GDP growth rate: 5,5% growth rate between 2006-2008, 4,2% in 2010 Per capita income (2010): 6900 US Dollars Inflation Rate (2010): 4,6% Currency: Namibian dollar, pegged to the South African Dollar.
ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL STABILITY FOR 21 YEARS
It has a liberal government based on fundamental human rights and freedoms with its multi-party and race-neutral democracy. Economic and political stability prevailed in the country for many years and 5,5% growth was recorded between 2006-2008 thanks to the reasonable tax policies.
RICH NATURAL SOURCES
World’s biggest fourth uranium manufacturer, world’s biggest sixth diamond manufacturer Among world’s biggest five countries in terms of copper, zinc and lead production Moreover: gold, silver, semiprecious stones, industrial minerals, salt, fluorite, manganese, granite and marble are manufactured. Off-Shore gas beds (1,4 trillion cubic feet) Among world’s most prominent 10 countries in terms of fishery: hake, angel fish, bonito, sardine, deep-sea red crab, langouste, and South African fur seal . Indigenous plants and products: devil’s claw, marula oil, wild silk, hoodia plant.
YOUR DESTINATION, OPENING TO SOUTHERN AFRICA AND WORLD MARKETS
- It is located at a strategic point in terms of its geographical position.
- It has a flawless infrastructure. It is a member of South African Customs Union (SACU) and South African Development Community (SADC).
- It aims at 300 million consumers in the local SADC (South African Development Community) market.
- 2050 market potential: population in Africa will reach 2 billion in 2050.
- It has privileged trade agreements signed with EU, USA, EFTA and MERCOSUR countries.
- Air Namibia: 6 scheduled flights between Frankfurt and Windhoek.
LOGISTICS LEADER OF AFRICA
It has Africa’s best logistics infrastructure. (World Economic Forum 2010-2011) Sizable investments are made on highways, railways, airports and ports. It has a rapidly growing logistics sector in which global (Deutsche Post DHL, Kühne und Nagel) and local enterprises participate.
PORT OF WALVIS BAY
It is the only natural off-shore port located at the Western Africa coast.
It was founded at a strategic region and it has direct connections with main lines of marine transportation. It is in conformity with high quality and security standards. It is active and traffic cannot be interrupted. It has a temperate climate. Thanks to the corridors available, Walvis Bay has regional connections. Largest marine transport companies: MACS, Maersk, Ocean Africa Containers Walvis Bay is the first port of Africa that has OSHAS 18001 certification in addition to ISO 9001 and 14001.
INVESTOR FRIENDLY LEGAL AND POLITICAL REGULATIONS FOREIGN INVESTORS ACT (1990)
- Namibia promotes free market economy.
- Domestic and foreign investors are treated equal. Investments are completely guaranteed.
- Involving in the local trade is not an obligation.
- Transferring profits out of Namibia is permitted.
- There is an international trade community in Windhoek and Walvis Bay.
- Namibia was chosen 6th out of 46 countries located at the south of the Sahara Desert in the report titled “Ease of Doing Business” issued by the World Bank in 2011.
- Namibia Ministry of Industry and Commerce and Namibia Investment Agency provide consultancy.
SPECIAL INCENTIVES FOR MANUFACTURER AND IMPORTER COMPANIES
- Low corporate income tax
- Restitution of VAT during export of any products or import of manufacturing machinery.
- Exclusive construction permits are given for investments.
- Tax incentives are given for export supports.
- Exporter companies are provided grant and credit aid.
- Training cost is procured.
- Tax exemption is provided in terms of incomes from export of manufactured products.
SUCCESSFUL INVESTMENT STORIES
Schwenk Zement KG (Germany) Company: Cement factory, investment value is 250 million euros, direct employment is 300.
Hilton: A 150-roomed fivestar-hotel in Windhoek, it was founded within the frame of accession partnership with Namibian United Africa Group.
Areva (France) company: Seawater desalting and uranium treatment plant, desalting and water treatment company with annual 20 million cubic meter capacity.
Deutsche Post DHL Company: First international mail processing center founded in Africa.
- It is rich in culture and languages.
- Official language is English. Namibian people are generous and hospitable.
- It is your partner in the region.
- It is productive.
- It has a young and open-toeducation population.
A MATCHLESS LIFE QUALITY
Africa comes third following South Africa and Mauritius in the African Quality-of-Life Index. Personal security is at its good. Private hospital meeting international standards are available. There are 3 well-known educational institutions in Windhoek. Adventure activities: wildlife safari and hunting, fishery, quad-biking, sand surfing and 4×4 tours.
This article was taken from “Africa Time” magazine by demanding all necessary permissions for copyright.